About this Sailboat:
This beautiful boat was designed by E.G. Van de Stadt of Woormerveer, Netherlands. The designer has a world wide reputation as one of Europes greatest naval architects. Built in South Africa by Apex Engineering of rolled 6mm steel plate, she was launched in 2006 and sailed to St. Maarten in 2007. The owner of this beautiful boat has added a very comfortable cruising design with a spacious and airy aft master cabin that includes a head with shower and tub. The main salon has a well-appointed galley with four burner stove and wrap around seating for entertaining at the dining table. With a center cockpit and hard dodger, her layout on deck is clean, and functional. Mandolin Wind II sports a wing keel on her steel hull making her a cruising dream, capable of eating up blue water miles in short order. If you are looking for a well found, properly equipped cruising boat this is it.
General description and Inventory.
Round bilge hull built in Capetown South Africa by Apex engineering.
Hull rolled steel plate 6mm with 25mmX6mm 90degree angle stringers at approx. 300mm centres.
Stainless steel 16mm through deck chain plates welded into hull structure.
Stainless steel cap rail welded to bulwark.
32mm X900mm stainless steel stanchions.
Originally designed for drop keel but redesigned with wing keel, drop keel box converted to main diesel tank.
Painted PA 10 red oxide etch primer overcoated with Carbomastic epoxy coating and polyurethane insulated with 25mm foam throughout and 50mm foam under deck
Owner completed and launched March 2006.
Sailed from Durban, South Afica March 2007 arived St. Maarten, June 2007.
Equipment on Board:
* 60lb CQR type anchor- used
* 45lb genuine CQR anchor-used
* 20kg Bruce anchor.-new
* 85lb Fisherman anchor-used
* 20kg Danforth kedge anchor-new
* 100 metres 13mm short linkchain.-new
* 100 metres nylon warp.
* 12v electric windlass-used
* Roller furling genoa on Profurl LC42 furling gear.-new
* Self tacking staysail/stormsail.-new
* Mainsail with lazy jacks and stackpack (2 jiffy reefing points)-new
* Spinnaker with dual purpose pole and snuffer-used-(new snuffer)
* Blooper (light air sail).-used
* 2 Andersen 46 self tailing winches-new
* 2 Enkes AR26 winches serving main sheet and staysail-used
* 1 Barbarossa mast winch-used
* 1 Andersen self tailing reefing winch-new
* Furuno 1715 radar-new
* Furuno GPS-new
* Furuno Fishfinder/Depth/Temp-new
* Icom amateur radio with antenna tuner.-used
* Icom VHF radio-used
* Solar panels-used
* 1000w 220v inverter-used
* 220/110V battery charger-used
* 80hp Perkins 4236 (rebuilt)with Borg Warner velvet drive transmission driving Verwey variable pitch 2 blade propellor.
* Yanmar 1GM10 3.5 KVA genset-new
* Fuel capacity 800lts.in 4 tanks header tank.
* Electronic fuel transfer pump-new