About this Sailboat:
Astra is a well-found wooden cutter rigged yacht with exceptional sea keeping capabilities. She has been sailed solo in a circumnavigation of New Zealands main Islands, spending a month cruising the Fiords and encountering all types of weather conditions along the way. Her home waters are the South Island and more lately Cook Strait where she has made countless safe crossing of Cooks Wild Strait in every condition other than storm. The cutter is an exceedingly safe cruising yacht that will handle an extended off-shore passage perfectly. Astra would need only the usual preparation and additional equipment to become Cat1 capable.
Built of the worlds premier boat-building timber, this kauri yacht is a classic vessel that has all the modern considerations that a contemporary yachtsman demands.
Astra is on the market as the owners have purchased a larger yacht to accommodate a growing family.
She is SERIOUSLY FOR SALE and the owners are keen to look at all serious offers.
Equipment on Board:
* Full Lead Keel.
* Bow and Stern Stainless Steel Pulpit.
* Bow and Stern Lifelines.
* Non Slip Deck Tread in Panels.
* Teak Toe-rail.
* Teak Main Hatch and Wash Boards.
* Teak Cockpit Surround, Heavy Laminated Teak Tiller.
* Lazarette Lockers.
* Cockpit Dodger with Clear Plastic Window, Dodgers around Stern.
* Fully Varnished Cabin with Beautiful Woodwork.
* New Carpet in Galley and Main Cabin.
* Condensation Inhibiting Textured Fabric Coverings.
* Owners Fore-peak Cabin Sleeps 2.
* Main Cabin Sleeps 3, on 1 Double and 1 Single Berths.
* Multiple Hatches and Ports Allowing Ample Light.
* Head ( recently replaced ) Vanity, Shower ( with separate bilge pump ).
* Fold-out Dinette Table.
* Stainless Steel Galley Sink with Manual and Electric Pumped Fresh Water.
* 2 Burner LPG Gimbaled Stove/Oven with Grill.
* Exceptional Storage for Extended Cruising.
* Well Laid-out Counter with Good Surface.
* Gas Tada Water-Heater with Hot-Water to Sink.
Sails and Rigging.
* Cutter Rigged.
* Aluminium Mast and Boom.
* 6mm Stainless Wire Rigging on Heavy Stainless Chain-plates, All Rigging Over-Engineered for Safety.
* Fuller Stainless Steel Self-Steering System with Wind-vane and Servo-Rudder.
* Spinnaker Pole.
* Genoa (Furling).
* Main Tanbark Heavy Cruising Cloth.
* Jiffy Reefing with 3 Reef Points.
* Stay-sail Tanbark Heavy Cruising Cloth.
* Vang, Spare Halyards, Sheets etc.
* Duplex VHF Radio.
* Apelco G.P.S.
* Davis Sextant, Sight Reduction Tables, Navigational Calculator.
* Hand-Bearing Compass.
* Set of New Zealand Coastal Charts/Chart work tools.
* New Zealand Pilot/ Cruising Guides to Central Area, Stewart Island and Fiordland.
* Various New Zealand/Pacific Cruising Books and a small on-board Library of Cruising Literature.
* Stereo CD Player/FM Am Radio.
* Wind Generator, Solar Panel.
* 2 x 12volt Deep-cycle House Power Batteries.
* 2 x 6volt Winch Batteries In-series.
* 1 x 12volt Start Battery.
* Large Plug-in Spot-light.
* Navigation Lights.
* Mains powered Battery Charger.
* 15m Shore-Power Lead.
* 30 lb Plough on Heavy Double Bow Roller, 50m Chain.
* 30 lb C.Q.R. on 10m Chain & 100m Warp with Buoy.
* 20 lb Fishermans Anchor.
* Heavy Fulton Chain Winch with Capstan.
* Dinghy Anchor on Light Chain and Warp.
* Inflatable Dinghy ( Cover for Stowing on Deck ), Bosuns Chair, Long Boat-Hook, Safety Harness, Tools, Cooking Utensils, 100m of Thick Towing Warp for Heavy Weather, Fishing Net, Wharf Lines, Spare Warps, Spare Parts for Engine, Manual Bilge Pumps x 2 ( one internal and one cockpit operated ), Rough Weather Sailing Garments.