About this Sailboat:
The Potter 19s keel design retracts vertically into the hull. The fully retracting
keel allows the Potter to be the only fully beachable cruiser her size great for going ashore in remote areas.
The keel is raised and lowered by using a convenient winch, which is operated from the cockpit. This allows the skipper to adjust the keel position, without having to leave the helm
The Potter 19 has closed cell foam flotation, fore and aft, and is unsinkable.
Her high and dry self-bailing cockpit and great stability achieved by her hard chine are two of the Potter 19s most impressive attributes.
Even in strong winds the Potter 19 does not heel excessively, and with the standard ‘Lapper’ sail, she becomes one of most responsive boats in her size.
The roomy interior features four sleeping berths while at the same time providing seating for up to five persons. Storage is extensive with compartments under each berth, a forward chain locker, storage under the sink and stove (to port and starboard), and handy seat back bins. Her carefully laid out design utilizes the full length of the boat.
With simple rigging, the Potter 19 is one of the quickest boats to rig and launch in her size. Most Potter 19s can be rigged and launched in 45 minutes or less with no special skill or strength. A mast-raising system allows for one-person rigging if desired.
Over-all length and height on the standard or Baja trailer allows the Potter 19 to be parked in a typical garage. The West Wight Potter 19 is a terrific boat for those long weekends! Enjoy trailering to new camping and recreational sights with all the comforts of a camper while being able, at a moments notice, to launch and sail away. She had been garage kept since new!
Equipment on Board:
Standard Features – Included
* P-19 Premium Blue Water Lay-up Yellow Hull and White Deck
* Composite High Performance Kick-up Beaching Rudder
* 15 Gal. Fresh Water System with Deck Fill
* Built-in 36 Qt. Cooler
* Marine Cooking Stove
* Screened Opening Ports (1 pair)
* Sunbrella Covered Cabin Cushions
* Teak Cabin Entrance Ladder
* Dri-Deck Interior Floor Mats
* Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit
* Stainless Steel Cockpit Rails
* Stainless Steel Transom Boarding Ladder
* Cleats, Chocks, Deck Plate and Ventilator
* Aluminum Backing Plate for Engine
* Adjustable Motor Mount
* Cockpit Storage Compartment
* Mast Raising System (allows a single person to step and raise the mast)
* Honda 5.0hp Engine, Long Shaft, 4 Stroke
* Galvanized Baja Trailer
* Trailer Tongue Jack w/ Wheel
* Trailer Guides and Mast Crutch
Sails and Handling Equipment Included
* 5 Oz White Mainsail with Two Sets of Reef Points
* 5 Oz White 140 % Genoa
* On Boom Jiffy Reefing System
* Boom Vang
* Mast Topping Lift
12 Volt Electrical System Included
* 12 Volt Receptacle
* Bow and Stern Running Lights with Panel
* Cabin Interior Dome Light
* Masthead Combo Anchor/Steaming Light
*2 Marine Battery Boxs with deep cycle AGM’s
This is just a partial listing of her extensive equipment.