About this Sailboat:
Blue Horizon, a 1981 32.3 Pearson sloop #333, is ready for safe cruising. Designed by Bill Shaw and built by Pearson Yachts in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. We just returned from a 2000 mile blue water trip (Charleston, SC to Bermuda). The main sail is double reefed and there is a roller furled foresail. It is roomy with her 10.5 beam. The galley is convenient with a sliding work table over the gimbaled propane 3 burner/oven stove, a very deep stainless steel sink and handy storage. We added a convenient shelf which doubles for food service and a laptop computer. The chart desk with storage is convenient for monitoring GPS position, direction, and speed. Emergency flares and fire extinguishers are convenient and upgraded. There is a starboard double settee with table, port single settee, and a V-berth. The bathroom has a foldaway sink and shower with foot pump. Tanks include water (78 gallons), fuel (28 gallons), holding (15 gallons), and propane (22 pounds).
Equipment on Board:
It took 2 years to equip Blue Horizon with a
1. NEW Raymarine auto helm, Norvane wind vane self-steering;
2. NEW storm jib and storm trisails, halyards, working lines, jack lines, and whisker pole;
3. NEW diesel Volvo MD 2030 transmission (30 HP);
4. NEW Engel 35 refrigerator/freezer, solar panels (5 panels generating 290 watts);
5. NEW VHF radio, Furuno GP30 GPS navigator, LED navigation running lights;
6. NEW bimini and cockpit lee cloths;
7. US Coast Guard documented and much more.
The mast has been re-stepped onto a fiberglass platform to eliminate corrosion. There is a 400 watt inverter for the laptop and 1750 watt duel outlet inverter convenient to the chart table. Optional: NEW 4 person Elliot life raft, Smartfind 406 MHz Epirb, folding Portaboat, 2 HP Honda motor, SW radio, and SPOT messenger sold separately.