About this Sailboat:
This boat is a beauty: it is sloop-rigged, and features classic lines, plenty of teak trim, and traditional Bayfield mahogany filigree trailerboards. A rare find – only 600 of this model were built by the Bayfield shipyards in 1975. Stable and forgiving, it is the perfect family boat: fully capable of ocean sailing in rough water, although it has been used exclusively in fresh water for the past 8 years. Carefully restored and repainted in 2006, and very trailerable. The hull is sound: no blistering, and does not take on water. The cabin interior is simple, functional and clean. Galley accessories include a two-burner stainless steel Force 10 propane stove, dish and cup storage. The two quarter-berths (aft port and starboard with storage under) and large fore v-berth (head and storage under) are supplied with sea-cushions and will comfortably sleep 4 adults. Cabin headroom is about 6 feet to aft, sloping down towards the fore.
Equipment on Board:
– One-piece inboard engine/transmission (Vire 7 HP 2-cycle gasoline “North Sea” fishing vessel engine). Recently rebuilt. The starter-generator was rebuilt in 2006.
– Bruce anchor and chain (anchor locker on foredeck)
– antenna is rewired and working
– electrical and hand bilge pumps
– lazy jacks for jib
– owner-designed tripod system, to assist in raising and lowering mast
– bracket for outboard motor
– deck front and stern stainless rails. Life lines from bow pulpit to cockpit.
– dockline and fenders
– boat hook and paddle
– sails provided include main, 135 Genoa, jib, and spinnaker (with pole). All are in good condition. Sail bag included.
– Morse controller and cables replaced in July 2007.
– electrical system completely rewired in 1998.
– engine-transmission rebuilt in 2000.
– starter-generator rebuilt in 2006.
– complete annual scrubbing/cleaning
– teak trim scraped and spar-varnished annually
– Current location: spot 210 at Fish Hawk Bay Marina on Kootenay Lake, near Crawford Bay, BC. Kootenay Lake is unique in BC interior in that it remains ice-free year round.
– Buyer is welcome to take over berth at marina.
– Alternatively, seller will trailer to an acceptable alternative location up to 500 km within BC