About this Sailboat:
For complete details & many, many pictures of the work (& some great adventures) please Google: ‘Pearson Commander Mephisto Cat’ .
– All new Gel Coat inside & out. This boat is not painted. This is a solid coat of Gelcoat which makes this boat look & feel as brand new from the factory. It is squeaky clean Inside & out.
– This boat has a dry bilge.
– Every bit of hardware & fastener is new. This includes the stainless Chainplates, Aluminum Mast base, standing & running rigging, clutches, sailtrack fasteners, all sailing hardware, etc.
– Structural upgrades were undertaken including chainplate knee reinforcement (I do singlehand her offshore…) I’ve done my bit of professional off-shore-rig & naval vessel design so this was a lot of fun for me… I also had a hand in designing the trailer (described below).
– All new teak bright-work. Inside & out. The beautiful Coambings are original — but in amazing & excellent shape. Each coambing is made from a 14″ x 10′ plank of ¾” Teak. . . Try pricing those today!
– The mast was acid-etched, primed & beautifully painted.
– I made a navigation table with an inlaid map.
– Brand new cushions all around.
– All LED lighting fitted onto the original chrome brass fittings.
– All original brass fittings & hardware professionally re-plated.
– Motor Propulsion is via an outboard that is hidden in the lazarette which puts it out of view, and avoids the wet / oily bilge that typically comes with an inboard. Maintenance is a breeze.
– Great for shorthanded / singlehanded sailing. All lines lead to cockpit, end-boom mainsheet, etc.
I am willing to sell together with the boat – or separately…
The trailer is all steel Hot-dipped galvanized with sealed wiring, and flush-equipped brakes for safe dipping in salt water. It is also equipped with an extra axle at the front end. I designed my trailer built with bunks to spread the load & for more gentle support while launching, recovering & towing. (The trailer was professionally Manufactured by ‘Loadmaster trailers’).
Equipment on Board:
I am moving back East and will consider reasonable offers… I will consider selling boat & trailer separately… Equipment list:
->Custom Trailer Manufactured by loadmaster trailers.
Nissan 6hp o/b motor with
Wooden / collapsible o/b motor stand.
– Extra Gear lube / motor oil for motor
– Davis Motor ‘Caddy’ (a motor handle made from webbing – that is handy for moving the motor around)
– Motor bag (for when you want to leave the motor in the well for a few days – just fill with fresh water to keep growth off…)
– 2 Sail Bags
– 3 Shaefer Jib cars for racing jibtrack.
– Stainless Solar powered air circulation vent
– Boat hook
– Whisker pole (Telescopic)
– Winch covers, sail covers, and brightwork cover.
– A couple of cans of Epifanes varnish (I highly reccommend this stuff!)
– Power cord with adapter.
– Safety flare kit (Hand flares Shot-gun type)
– Fire extinguisher
– All new cushions – interior.
– Porta potty
– All gel-coat cleaners, wax, & polishes.
– 4 to 6 guest-lifejackets.
– Trowable PFDs (at least 2)
– Manual water pump
– 2 Anchors with rode (both have partial chain rode in addition to line
– 4 Docklines w’ chafing leathers Spare with chafing gear fitted for both Bow / stern use.
– 1 (-maybe 2) Flexible water tanks
– 5 or 6 fenders
– Teak Flagpole and class burgee
– Spare Rigging tape
– A few Rigging spares bits & pieces (pins, etc.)
– Solvents, spare bits, and extra gelcoat for any work you may need to do.
– All documentation for boat and Boat owner’s manual as edited by the association
100% Jib (Excellent condition – crispy)
Main (Excellent condition – crispy)
135% jib (Very good condition)
180% Jib (Like new)
Storm jib (Good condition)
Spinnaker (Only used a few times — no rips/ repairs)